Welcome to Empire’s new @BrownAnnBeautiful featured blog! My name is Ann and I’ve been supporting the brand and producing events with the team since 2013. In August, I took a leap of faith and moved to Southern California for work. With the new environment, I knew that I wanted to keep contributing to the brand and bring awareness to #MyEmpireInTheAir. Working with Francesca, we decided what better way to create content for our brand spankin’ new website and keep our followers up to date with the pursuit of #MyEmpireInTheAir; Makeup!! I believe in embracing every color of beauty, encouraging others to love yourself a little more and to feel confident with your bold brows and sharp AF eyeliner.
Your skin is your number one foundation! With any makeup application, it is key to start with the basics. As we begin a new year, I challenge you to take on a fresh start with your skin care routine! I whipped up a list of products that help me keep my combination skin at its best. &Please comment below with what products you love too!
- Makeup Remover Whether you have a full face or just tinted moisturizer, taking off your makeup at the end of the day is extremely important! I love Kirkland Signature Daily Facial Wipes on lazy days and Josie Maran Argan Cleansing Oil to get a deeper clean!
- Cleanser Having combination skin can be super frustrating but a gentle, multi-tasking cleanser like Fresh Soy Face Cleanser targets all skin types (normal,dry, oily, combo, and sensitive) and has a so many benefits. About twice a week, I love to use an exfoliator (Origin’s Modern Friction or St. Ives Green Tea Scrub) to rid of any dead cells or uneven patches/skin discoloration. *This helps a ton with acne prone skin*
- Toner I’m new to toners, but found that this extra step has helped balance my skin and prepare it for any serums or creams to get the most out of them. I’m currently using Thayer’s Witch Hazel with Aloe but i’m open to trying something new!
- Moisturizer My ride or die moisturizer is Belif’s The True Cream Aqua Bomb. It’s lightweight, refreshing, leaves my skin feeling HELLA soft, and it smells amazing. Other moisturizers I rotate in are Neutrogena’s Hydro Boost Water Gel and First Aid Beauty’s Ultra Repair Cream.
- Water Everyone always reminds you to drink 8 glasses of water a day. Let’s be real–It can be kinda difficult, but when you get enough hydration, your skin and body will thank you!
I hope these products and tips help you find your next new skin care purchase! If you have holy grail items that keep you skin at its best, please leave them in the comments below 🙂